Thursday 2 October 2014

Tryst With IIM Kozhikode

Julius Caesar wrote ‘Veni Vidi Vici’ i.e ‘I came, I saw, I conquered’ to his senate after having won a war. I have known this phrase for quite some time now but, It was the evening of 1st may 2014 when the feelings behind these three words dawned on me. Yes, I got the final offer letter from admissions committee of IIMK. The next one month would go into living the life of Julius Caesar, since parents, friends, and neighbors started treating me like never before, giving me unwanted-undivided attention, letting me sleep till I woke myself up etc. The next few days went into planning the trips to the adventurous hills of Leh-Ladakh, enjoying the nature’s beauty which I had only seen before in yash chopra movies. Little did I know that this trip would be the last activity I would be doing at my own discretion and not under the threat of any SACROSANCT DEADLINES.
It was 16th may when I landed to IGI airport new delhi from the leh trip and got the news that ‘Achche Din aa gaye’ , yes modi had risen to the astounding victory with a hefty margin. The only thought that came to my mind was ‘wow!!! What a coincidence Modi and I achieved the victory in the same month’. As soon as I reached home and was going through my emails, I found myself inundated with assignments from the student council whose deadlines only god could afford to miss. I called up my seniors from b.tech grad school to ask how serious are these deadlines and they asked to take nothing else but this seriously.
Then came the registration day and I landed in the God’s Own Country and headed to his Kampus with my future peers in the college bus. The first night at kampus made me feel young all of a sudden. It was a déjà vu moment from 7 years back as the seniors had launched what we call Interactions at the kampus. It took me a while to recuperate and pinch myself to realize that it was actually happening. On my way to turn into an insomniac, next two weeks made me feel like a zombie with no control on feelings and emotions whatsoever. I have always been told that an esteemed B-school is a place where one explores the self and hidden talents and believe me in just a span of few days i discovered some very peculiar talents which of course you the reader wouldn’t want to know. Then came another evening of condescension when student council called the batch for another meet. By now we all had got used to the idea that we are nothing but a big bunch of nincompoops who can’t follow simple instructions and are headed to a DARK future.

Just when I started thinking that I am actually headed for an impending doom, studcom and the entire senior batch called off THE HOAX. It was jaw dropping to see such a closed knit community, full of fantastic actors who pulled off such a huge set up. In just a matter of few minutes a place where even a pin would think twice before falling in order to avoid any noise that it might make, was filled with enchantments and slogans and gradually we stepped into a night of euphoria. The senior batch warmly opened their hearts and pockets for a grand welcome party and our induction into the IIM Kulture. Then came the hullaballoo of Robaroo, the most fun filled days of a week of preparation for the 3 day event. Every time we think we have seen it all, the place throws something surprising on our faces. Fingers are still crossed, hoping there is a lot more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment